T, O and P are useful symbols, you can spell TOP with them ;)

Dr ZEE

Anti-Pro Circles Insider
From a TOP-rated one:
This Quantegy tape was the number one choice for professional recording studios around the world.Quantegy bought out Ampex in the mid 90's and produced tape at even higher quality standards. Ampex is the brand found on more pre-recorded tape sold than any other tape ever made. Quantegy quit making audio tape about three years ago, and this tape is date coded 2002. I use this type of tape for all of my extremely important recordings. When buying blank tape on eBay one is usually taking a chance whether the tape is new old stock or used. Why? Unless tape is stored properly even unused sealed tape will go bad. All of the used blank tape I sell like this reel is tested and sold with a satisfaction guarantee. In order to be able to do this I put the tape I sell through a very rough and thorough testing. Only tape that meets my approval is put up for sale. Any tape that does not stand up to my approval gets removed from the reel and discarded.

According to top professionals in the tape industry, the shelf life of audiotape is at least 50 years if stored and handled properly. When tape has been stored and taken proper care of it should remain like new for at least 50 years. Unfortunately, much of the tape made in the past 50 years was never given proper care, so much of the used tape available is simply junk.

The very first thing I do when I start testing a used tape is to record at zero level onto both sides of he tape. During this process I make note of how well the tape winds on its reel, I observe if the tape leaves behind any residue, and whether or not is makes any noise. Often the first sign of bad tape is a squeaking noise coming from the tape as it passes from one reel to the other. This is an indication that the tapes lubricant has dried up. After I record blank on both sides of the tape, if it was quiet and layers properly, I then make a test recording on the tape. If the recording quality were as good as one would get from new tape, I then erase the tape again by recording at zero level back onto the tape. The last thing I do is pass the tested tape through a bulk eraser to further blank the tape with the result being a blank tape that sounds and performs as good as it did when it was new virgin tape. This process is very time consuming, but it is worth the effort because I can sell this tape with a satisfaction guarantee knowing the tape is of top quality. Tape that has been tested and erased in this manner is actually a better buy than new unopened old stock.
I once bought a quantity of new old stock sealed Ampex tape that I was surprised to find to be absolutely worthless! The reason this happened was because the tape was not stored in a temperature-controlled environment and all of the Silicone lubricant had dried up. Although the tape still recorded and played back well the loud squeaking sound it made was too annoying to be able to use the tape. I basically took a chance and lost.

You will not go wrong buying my tape. If my tape fails to perform as described it can be returned for a refund or replacement.

Please view my other auctions for more blank new and used tape. Shipping: see terms below. Thanks for looking and happy bidding!

Terms
Buyer pays $0.00 shipping/handling in the continental USA.
International shipping is extra (including Canada). Please email for international shipping rates. International buyers must be aware of delays caused by your countries customs laws.
Shipping is normally within three business days from date of receiving payment, but I normally am able to ship much sooner. I am a very experienced packer and will pack this as though I were shipping to myself! Please email any questions before the auction ends. All sales are final. Thanks and good luck! It's definitely worth the bid. I am an individual who works very hard to provide excellent product as well as excellent customer service. When you leave feedback please give me all five star ratings. This has a huge effect on how eBay looks at how well a seller is doing, and therefore has an effect on selling and listing fees. I strive for excellence, but I am only human, and am prone to mistakes. If there are any problems that would keep you from giving me a five star rating in all categories please email me, so I will have the opportunity to make it right.

get the top stuff here: Quantegy 457 Grand Master Blank Reel to Reel Tape - eBay (item 350447274987 end time Apr-12-11 18:59:24 PDT)
...well, it's clearly not a "one pass" stuff though ...heh heh heh ;)
:D:drunk::D

p.s.
there are many many things I would NOT do to someone else the way I do it regularly to myself. That would include shipping stuff ... :D

Mmmmh. $28.95 for NEW tape from Quantegy (plus shipping) or $32.99 for USED tape....

It "is actually a better buy than new unopened old stock".
Less than 5 bucks for "test service" per reel! Sounds like a great deal to me. :rolleyes:
;)

Back