T.Akustik Diffusor

Rick, are you drunk on this Friday night??? ;) :D
What's your opinion on it?

I could care less about the retailer, I'm more interested in the product. It looks like a curved deflector with spacer in between....what's the difference between that and a regular curved deflector?

Rick, are you drunk on this Friday night???
Drunk? I ask for a scientific backup of someones opinion, and you accuse me of being drunk. Hmmm, that speaks volumes of the the broadband mentality of this bbs.

lol, calm down man. I was just kidding about the drunk comment. You just seem sort of loud tonight. You're asking for scientific backup of his liking a European online retailer? It'd be like me trying to defend why I like Amazon.com :p

Do an 8 hour study of "diffusion" in a small room on the internet. Then talk to me.

I don't see why you need to put yourself upon a pedestal. I asked your opinion on the product...not diffusion in general.

diffusion: to spread out or become transmitted especially by contact.

to reduce or eliminate repetitive echoes that occur in rooms having parallel walls and a flat ceiling.

Last edited:
where did this come from?
I got the impression from your words that you had personal knowlege of the performance of the product in question. Thats all. When it comes to "diffusers", if you research the facts, you will see that the subject of diffusion in a small room is a matter of opinion. Untill you understand the definition of a "diffuse sound field"(see Alton Everests definition), you will continue to misconstrue what devices such as the one in question can accomplish. Like one acoustition told me, "a good start at diffusion can be had by patchwork application of ABSORPTION." :) How do you diffuse wavelengths approaching the dimensions of a room, hmmm? ;)

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
I got the impression from your words that you had personal knowlege of the performance of the product in question. Thats all. When it comes to "diffusers", if you research the facts, you will see that the subject of diffusion in a small room is a matter of opinion. Untill you understand the definition of a "diffuse sound field"(see Alton Everests definition), you will continue to misconstrue what devices such as the one in question can accomplish. Like one acoustition told me, "a good start at diffusion can be had by patchwork application of ABSORPTION." :) How do you diffuse wavelengths approaching the dimensions of a room, hmmm? ;)
Nah, but i do have personal experience of ordering from thomann :D. I've got Alton Evertest's: Master Handbook of Acoustics, so i will give it a good read.

Back