Synthesizer Music - Your honest opinion?

Industrial

Alright I'll throw my hat into the ring.... I'm not supposed to link directly to the file (BBS rules)... but if you just go to this web page you can click on the 3 song samples yourself... Vocals are missing on purpose, although there is some subtle vocoding in the background.

Lemme know first what you think of the mixing and mastering... but then if synthesizers are your style of music, lemme klnow what you think of it artistically.

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4532

Not my 1st choice in musical genres, but I checked out all 3 songs. It sounds like you have a handle on the mixing thing. I like the way the sounds keep changing, not jazzed about that pounding beat that goes on, maybe break that into a more complex rhythm. Maybe someone else will come along and give better help, keep making music!

i listened to the first song, violiton. it was pretty sweet. I think the odd drum breakdown would add greatly to the song. It was well mixed on my system. The vocoding stuff was kool too. nice stuff.

Industrial said:
Alright I'll throw my hat into the ring.... I'm not supposed to link directly to the file (BBS rules)... but if you just go to this web page you can click on the 3 song samples yourself... Vocals are missing on purpose, although there is some subtle vocoding in the background.

Lemme know first what you think of the mixing and mastering... but then if synthesizers are your style of music, lemme klnow what you think of it artistically.

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4532

Sounds pretty good on my end. I used ot listen to a lot of tech. industiral stuff... still do occasionaly. Sounds pretty damn good. You could be the next paul oakenfold haha... no seriously sounds really great tho. Keep up the good work :). O yea what gear did you use for this stuff?

Rudy

RUDALICIOUS> what gear did you use for this stuff?
----------------------------------

Ahh well.... guess theres not alot of synthesizer fans on this bulletin board (luckily I have a very diverse music interest or I'd be bored here)......

Anyway... for the few people that are into keyboarding...

I usually use the following:

Alesis ION keyboard
Roland JP-8000 keyboard

(... I'd love an Andromeda... but don't have it.... yet..)

I also use Nord Lead and Access Virus... but we actually find that we get some real sweet sounds from the Roland because it has the "super saw" oscillator which is hard to reproduce on other synthesizers... The JP-8000 gets a bad-rap, because of its simplicity.... but it's really about the sounds, not the features....

I have no need whatsoever for 36 voice polyphony; thats stuff is purely overrated and you don't need it to produce pro-quality music like the big electronic music bands (as clearly illistrated by my music samples).

I just got the Alesis ION, and my opinion is that despite its minor technical shortcomings... it just may be the greatest Virtual Analogue synth ever made.

The ION has an ultra-sweet vocoder which I'm confidant to say may be the best vocoder on the market... which almost makes the modest $800 price of the keyboard alone worth it... It's a 40 band vocoder (most others are 8 - 12), and the sound clarity produced by it is phenomenal. You don't get that harsh unrealistic "robotic" sound like with most other vocoders.

Back