Synth sound

Xpand!2 is still available for $1---lots (2000+) of organized patches that can be layered/combined/tweaked.
Xpand!2, Xpand!2 plugin, buy Xpand!2, download Xpand!2 trial, AIR Music Technology Xpand!2

If you ever get a chance to snap up Hybrid3 at a bargain price, you probably find or easily craft the sound you want.

Another VI that can can be on sale as low as $7-$9, usually arounnd $20-$25 is SynthmasterPlayer, with over 1100 well-organized patches.
SynthMaster 2.8 is now 35% OFF! Voted 'Best VST AU Synth' of 2016 by MusicRadar readers!

Keep your eyes out for this one when UVI offers it for free, which they do from time to time. Get on the KVR mailing list.for bargain notifications.
Digital Synsations, Digital Synsations plugin, buy Digital Synsations, download Digital Synsations trial, UVI Digital Synsations

Another UVI Workstation synth library that goes on sale for as low a $29 is "Synths Legacy", available only from GuitarCenter.as a special offering.

If you have SampleTank or Kontakt, I think you want to check out the Tron libraries. If you have Kontakt there's a myriad of inexpensive synth libraries (like from RigidAudio) that will match the sound you presented.

I don't think that Titan2 has a demo (because of its 40GB download), but it probably has the sound (or a good starting point), considering it comes with almost 13000 patches. It occasionally goes on sale for under $100.

I don't really hear an exceptionally unique character to the sound you presented. It just reminds me a typical EP pad and, the bass, of 60's-70's-type (analog) bass patches. I have to admit that I'm not the one to actually track down and nail the exact patch for you because, the two times I tried I ended up becoming enamoured with some sounds and completely lost track of my original purpose for the search. I hope this info helps, and thanks for the motivation for investigation and inspiration, but I think this is really your quest.

Good luck,
Paj
8^)

Back