syncing Problem with Drum machine and Cubase

wordizbon

I have a MOTU MTP AV, Cubase SX, and an MPC 2000XL. I use to be able to play the MPC drum machine from just pressing play on cubase, somehow I must of changed a setting. I would like to be able to play the drum machine from cubase and vice versa. What is the best way to do this? MMC, Timecode, or Clock? I'm kind of confused by all of this. Please Help ASAP!! :mad:

Midi clock generated by the computer into the MPC is the first thing you should try. Be sure you have the MPC in 'external clock' mode and the tempo is showing in Cubase.

I did that. Normally it works for syncing the mpc to cubase. Recently it started to give problems. I had it working for years like that. But what I also want to do is vice versa. Start the mpc and cubase starts playing.

hmmm well cubase is not working well with other midi sync machines.
try with the midex 3 or midex 8 from steinberg! then it'll work 100 p 100! ...with ltb technology so you can setup exact timing on pc or mac.

greets

Well somehow this gotta work. Not going to buy another Midi Device after spending $800 for the timepiece. It worked before so I know it does work. I'm just trying to figure out where the problem is.

Back