Sync'd Boss BR1600's

jedblue

beep beep beep beep beep
Here's the first thing I've attempted on my sync'd pair of Boss BR1600's up in the attic since I got the second one and sync'd them up. Usual one man band original thingie from me.

What's Going Down

:)

Cool, this was a fun listen. It has a pretty warm sound given the format. A little loose at times, but in a nice way I think. It moved along nicely.

You really crammed all of those syllables in by the sounds of it, but you pulled it off. I will listen to this again to catch more of the lyrics. Your voice could be brightened up a bit, brought down a tad in level and maybe a little less dry, but that may just be me. It seems too boomy and up front. The BGVs are subtle...is there a woman in there somewhere?

I thought maybe you could lose some of the low mids in general as at times the thing overall seemed beyond warm to the point of sounding dark, but I don't know...

I always love a good envelope filter on a guitar. This one is pretty nice...is it a stomp box? If so, which one? While I've played some nice ones (I liked a boss one once in particular) I've never owned one that didn't make the guitar sound all tinny. This sound is mellow. Throw some (more?) verb on it and mellow it out even more...

i really liked this Jed...again quirky and fun (wasnt the last thing i listened to of yours a big analogue synth??) what xylophone thingy were you using in the background...i love its sound...I find it on Northern Soul tunes but cant find samples to replicate it??

good funky guitar as well and shit dude...stop for a breath more...nice job :)

Morning trendsetters..

Heat, thanks for that. The guitar effect was one of the bass presets inside the BR1600. Same as you'd find on one of their multi effects GT boxes I think. Can't remember exactly what it was called. I guess the girly BV sound is just my feminine side :o

KC, ta for the kind comments. Ya, I think the last thing I put up was a chunk of analog synth (or maybe it was a Porta cassette country tune :drunk:?). The xylophone was me banging away on my daughter's Suzuki alto metalophone. I like it a lot, it get's that Lionel Hampton vibey thing happening sometimes. It's this;

SuzukiAltoMetalophone.jpg

Last edited:
Morning trendsetters..

Heat, thanks for that. The guitar effect was one of the bass presets inside the BR1600. Same as you'd find on one of their multi effects GT boxes I think. Can't remember exactly what it was called. I guess the girly BV sound is just my feminine side :o

KC, ta for the kind comments. Ya, I think the last thing I put up was a chunk of analog synth (or maybe it was a Porta cassette country tune :drunk:?). The xylophone was me banging away on my daugther's Suzuki alto metalophone. I like it a lot, it get's that Lionel Hampton vibey thing happening sometimes. It's this;

SuzukiAltoMetalophone.jpg

Im am going to purchase one...that'll amuse the wife :)

Back