Sync Issues with Firestudio Project

Slashdot

Good luck getting authorized on Presonus' forums. Takes them forever. So I'll ask the real experts; you!

I just picked up a Presonus FSP from a guy (always safe, right?). Anyway, seemed like a good guy, he said he bought the FSP for a church project and never used it. Left it in his garage for a year and I bought it last Friday.

I set it up on my last 2006 iMac running Snow Leopard (10.6.x.x) with 4GB ram, firewire 400/800, and Cubase 4 LE. I used it all weekend with no problems. Recorded boat loads of stero and mono tracks. Tweaked crap, cycle tracked, etc...it works flawlessly.

Then, all of a sudden, yesteryda, the day it really mattered, the day when the band was coming over to start tracking; POOF - won't sync.

I tried every trick in the book ... cleaned out the driver's from EVERY place on the Mac, flushed PRAM, re-installed, repeat, tried old drivers, even updated the firmware on the unit (probably needed it anyway).

The ONLY way I can get it to work is to open up Universal Control and manually set the internal clock to (FSP - Master) ... it defaults to FSP - SDIF/In) ...

Is this normal? Am I going to have to do this every time I want to use the module?

Ideas?

Without spending a second on researching... I'd say you had two options
  1. Replace the battery to save configurations after you power down
  2. Slave the unit to a reliable spdif unit that's always on when the interface is on...

That is if there's actually a battery in the unit... and that of course is the best solution

Good advice!

Unfortunately this unit doesn't have a battery backup and it's really the only unit I need to record my band.

To me this seems like a drive issues ... software defaulting to SLAVE vs Master ...

Z

Back