Sync function

BillyFurnett

Since I had no manual I never thought much about the Sync feature on my Porta 02, now that I can ask here I'm curious what the heck it is?

:)

Opps! I meant the Porta Two NOT 02 which isn't covered on the link.., but cool link regardless.

So the question still stands.

Ok, I remember that one (late 80's), but I never used the Porta Two.

The sync function would be used when you want to record a sync tone from a drum machine or sequencer to track 4 of the recorder. You can then keep the drum machine/sequencer in step with the recorder by feeding the recorded sync signal into the drum machine or sequencer sync in. You lose a track for the sync tone, but you get drums and sequencers in exchange.

Is there a switch or jack labeled “Sync” on the Porta two? If there's a switch it just disables DBX on track 4. Dbx interferes with FSK tones used for tape sync.

Tim
:cool:

Oh I see...

I've always just put my tone on track one, then used the tape cue out to send it back to my sequencer.
I guess maybe the dbx is bypassed through the tape... I don't know, but I've never had a problem with the dbx causing it to not lock up. I always kept four open in case I wanted to bounce you know?

It makes sense if you have the tape cues dedicated though.

Thanks again Tim

Back