Sync connector for Tascam 48 or MSR-16?

Chris Shaeffer

Peavey ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone know what part I have to hunt down in order to have SMPTE sync hookups on a Tascam 48 or MSR-16?

I hope they're the same part- that would make life easier. I don't know what its called, but its the thingy that plugs into the accessory connector.

Can you tell I haven't synced machines before? :rolleyes:

"What's the thing-a-ma-bob doohikey jobie that's used for syncing?"

Thinking of something silly like syncing a Pro Tools rig with the tape decks with a BRC or something.

:D

Thanks,
Chris

I'm thinking about the same thing, but with a 38. I have aMTS-30 to sync via MIDI. Hafta stripe a track.....
Hopefully I can try it next week.

Does the 48 sync w/out striping?

No. It has to be striped.

I've done what research I can - turns out the "Accessory Connector" on the back of the 48 is just a standard connector that I haven't dealt with before and there is no Accessory to buy. It just plugs from the 48 into a sync device.

I'm still doing my research to see if the BRC would be of any use. It doesn't have the same connector (It as a D-sub instead of the D which is on the Tascam) but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to match up the pins.

Seem like its possible to run the striped track analog out into BRC's SMPTE in and just make the tape deck the master. I'd rather find a way to make the BRC or Pro Tools the master, but I really don't know enough about what I'm doing to have figured it out yet.

Take care,
Chris

Chris Shaeffer said:
No. It has to be striped.

Seem like its possible to run the striped track analog out into BRC's SMPTE in and just make the tape deck the master. I'd rather find a way to make the BRC or Pro Tools the master, but I really don't know enough about what I'm doing to have figured it out yet.

Take care,
Chris
Thats how the MTS-30 seems to work, but I too wold like to see PT running the show instead of the other way around.
I was thinking of getting the small remote for my 38, so if the 38 must be the master, at least I could run the transport from my desk.

Yeah, the remote makes life a bit easier.

I was kinda surprised to see that the remote doesn't have RTZ or cue functions, though. :( You get good at stopping rewind and fast forward at *just* the right moment so that it stops where you want it...

Chris

guido #2 said:
If you set RTZ on the machine and hit rewnd on the remote, won't that work :confused:

Nope. At least not with the 48 and so I'm assuming not with the 38.

On the 48 you set where zero is and hit the RTZ button to return to zero. There's just no RTZ button on the remote and rewind on the remote works exactly the same way it does on the machine. Hit it once for fast rewind, then hit it again to toggle in and out of slow wind. Same with the FF button.

-C

oohh. On the 38 you set zero, make sure the zero return is on and then just hit rewnd.
My manual says I need the RC-71 remote

Oh, yeah. Then it should work for you. Cool. The 48 doesn't work that way that I know of yet.

I have the RC-71. They pop up on ebay every now and then. The cable isn't all that long though- about 12 feet or so? The one that I got with the machine has been modified with about 40' of telephone wire. I could put the machine on the other side of the house if I needed to.

-C

Back