SX3 upgrade from SL3

Carter

Total gear slut
:D :D I went and picked up my SX3 upgrade from SL3 last night and I'm stoked! I cant wait to get home and load it up! :D the next thing to be replaced is my soundcard......

why did you upgrade to SX3? what was there missing in SL3 that you now have?

i'm about to buy Cubase, but can't decide if SX3 is worth it over SL3. I most likely won't be using any of the surround functions. I take it the audio engines are the exact same.

Enlighten me :)

SX3 Upgrade

I just purchased Cubase System 4 which is SL3 and a matching Audio/Midi external USB card. Then found SX had an 'Extended Mixer View' and a 'Configurable Mixer View'. Hope this is not going to worry me too much.
All else is much the same for both.
Orchestrator.

I have found out that SX3 has a much more elegant way of handling external hardware effects, which is a huge deal to me as I just bought a Kurzweil Rumour and absolutely love the thing.

It's hard to cough up $150 just for the extra routing options, but I may have to bite the bullet and splurge.

mrbowes said:
I have found out that SX3 has a much more elegant way of handling external hardware effects, which is a huge deal to me as I just bought a Kurzweil Rumour and absolutely love the thing.

It's hard to cough up $150 just for the extra routing options, but I may have to bite the bullet and splurge.

That is the reason why I upgraded "external hardware"

SX3 also allows you to process plugins directly on a file instead of through a real time insert or send, SL3 does not. SX3 adds an input mixer, more GUI options, external hardware bussing, and built in cue sends etc... For many people these options are not necessary. For a power user they are a must.

xstatic said:
SX3 also allows you to process plugins directly on a file instead of through a real time insert or send, SL3 does not. SX3 adds an input mixer, more GUI options, external hardware bussing, and built in cue sends etc... For many people these options are not necessary. For a power user they are a must.

Agreed!...............

Back