sx2 issue with audiophile 24/96

brainofj

My mate has just got cubase sx2. Went round to his to see it as i would like to get this. He has an audiophile 24/96 and windows running xp pro. We were setting up the asio and find when we enable 16 bit recording it will record audio ok. As his card supports 24 bit we want to use that but when we disable 16bit only it won't work. He gets this message when running the asio test..............NOT ALL THE SELECTED DEVICES IN THE CURRENT CONFIGURATION
WERE SUCCESSFULLY STARTED WITH THEIR SELECTED OPTIONS.

IF THIS CARD IS CURRENTLY CONFIGURED TO ACCEPT
A DIGITAL SIGNAL AND NO DIGITAL SIGNAL IS PRSENT,
PLEASE EITHER RE-CONFIGURE THE CARD TO USE
AN INTERNAL CLOCK OR APPLY A DIGITAL SIGNAL,
OR IF POSSIBLE SWITCH THIS PORT TO ACCEPT
AN ANALOGUE INPUT. Can anyone point us in the right direction?

I think your using the wrong ASIO driver. You shouldn't have to run any tests to use this card. You want to select ASIO Delta or ASIO maudio or something like that and not ASIO Multimedia or DirectX.

Give that a try and see if it solves the issue.

I have done that from within cubase, m-audio asio i think it comes up. It is when i goto the asio set-up before i actually run the cubase. I thought we had to run the test and detect the buffers etc as we had to select custom set-up as there is no preset in the list for this card?

Shouldn't have to run the test. Again I'm not using the maudio anymore but when I did, I just selected the ASIO driver for the maudio card...

What vestast said is correctemundo. Forget about the test. That's for soundcards that don't have their own asio drivers. The audiophile has its own asio drivers.

Thanks, got it sorted. I always thought you had to run the test as well, thats why i was getting it wrong. Is it just me or do the instructions to some of these things seem a bit confusing sometimes?

Back