Switching, multi interfaces???

lesterpaul

I use Cubase Le. So, I have an Omega 4 trk interface and an M-audio 2 trk interface. The Omgea takes power, while the M-audio is USB power only. I loaded the M-audio up yesterday (on my laptop) because I only needed one mic and power was limited. When I got home last night to mix, I used the Omega, the sound was horrible, I blamed the M-audio, maybe it had O/D'ed the signal. I then checked porevious recordings and they sounded like crap. I assumed it was my monitors, because there was a fizzy blown speaker type sound. I by chance switched to my M-audio, and everything was good again. I wonder if some of the Omega's drivers got screwed up in the first switch? Anybody have experience with using multiple interfaces?

Lexicon's drivers are TERRIBLE. I had an alpha for a day and couldn't get it to work properly for the life of me. Return the Omega, get the equivalent M-Audio interface. You won't regret it.

Edit:
But, if that's not feasible at the moment, try ASIO4ALL. It provides much lower latency than the provided ASIO driver and seems a slight bit more stable. Make sure no system sounds are playing and that you have all other audio applications closed while you're in your DAW app. The Lexicon HATES having more than one thing using sound at once.

Last edited:
Thanks, Yeah I got it last year from the wife for Christmas so returning isn't an option. It's been really good for the most part, I have noticed the last few weeks that when it's running as my regular soundcard that it will disengage, and the pc goes back to it's internal soundcard, is that the stability issue you're talking about?

My problem was if I set it as my default Windows interface, and any sound came out before I used the ASIO driver, Cubase would completely freeze at "Alpha ASIO." Using ASIO4ALL remedied that, but rendered me unable to run more than one sound application at once, and unable to use a different sample rate than the first one used. I really don't understand why they would release a driver like this...

Back