Switchable Power

machinetodd

This may not be the right forumn, but you guys always have the best info.
Im having trouble finding a rack mount power strip that has those big red lighted switches on the front(one for each of the rear outlets)
I want to be able to manually switch things on and off, and although I can build what Im looking for Id much rather just buy a few. Any help or links are greatly appreciated.

My bad...didn't catch the switch for each outlet.
they're actually not that easy to find. I only found this one today when the OP asked about it. Around a year ago I wanted one and absolutely no one anywhere near here had one. I finally found one used in a music store so I'm kinda glad the OP prompted me to look.

I can see some purpose to those (like racked gear that has no power switch or it's in the back instead of the front of the device :rolleyes: )...
...but if you have one switch per outlet...why not just turn the On/Off power switch at the device that's plugged into that one outlet...?

LT Bob thank you thats exactly what Im looking for, I just ordered 2, and they were cheaper(29.95) then I thought they'd be(no noise filtering but I dont need that in this application)They are near impossible to find.

Miroslav, the reason I want the individual switches is two fold, sometimes I dont want to use all the gear, and some of the gear dont have on/off switches so this will solve that.

I can see some purpose to those (like racked gear that has no power switch or it's in the back instead of the front of the device :rolleyes: )...
...but if you have one switch per outlet...why not just turn the On/Off power switch at the device that's plugged into that one outlet...?

I like to leave my gears power switches *on* all of the time dates back to a time when I had a units on/off switch fail, finally got it to turn on and used the power strip to do the on/off from that day forward.

Yeah...I have some gear that has no power switch, or like I said...there's where they stick it in the back, which is a real PITA when you put the gear in a rack that you can't get to the back of easily.

Anyway...now I think I'm gonna' get me one or two of those so I can take of the rack gear problem I mentioned. :)

Yeah...I have some gear that has no power switch, or like I said...there's where they stick it in the back, which is a real PITA when you put the gear in a rack that you can't get to the back of easily.

Anyway...now I think I'm gonna' get me one or two of those so I can take of the rack gear problem I mentioned. :)

Take a look on the site IDJNOW they should have those.

Back