Switch for speaker cabinet?

Bodhisan

Hillbilly
I like to record direct from my Peavey Session 500 for pedal steel, but I also occasionally (when no one's home) like to record it miked. My room's small and cramped, so it's rather difficult to reach back and find the frickin' 1/4" jack input to stick the speaker cable in (it's broken down into two cabinets). Can I throw some kind of switch in there somewhere (or something) so that I can turn the speaker and on off but still keep it plugged into the head?

Yes, it sure does -- and here lies exposed my fear of pulling a muscle (getting old...). I don't have a lot of options for where my amps sit, and this particular amp is really hard to get to the back of it (I've got another amp on top of it -- even if it was on top, it's just awkward to reach back there). If there was a nice little switch that I could throw, it would make my life (and muscles in my neck and back) a lot happier. Any suggestions?

Yes, it sure does -- and here lies exposed my fear of pulling a muscle (getting old...). I don't have a lot of options for where my amps sit, and this particular amp is really hard to get to the back of it (I've got another amp on top of it -- even if it was on top, it's just awkward to reach back there). If there was a nice little switch that I could throw, it would make my life (and muscles in my neck and back) a lot happier. Any suggestions?
Since it's a solid state amp, it doesn't mind playing into an open circuit, so a simple off/on switch in one of the speaker wires should work fine.

Back