Switch Between Bx5 and headphones

onlydude

Hey guys. Before I bought the bx5's I had a normal set of computer speakers that you could just hook headphones up to the front. Now that I have the bx5's every time I wanna monitor with my headphones I have to unhook my bx5's from the back of my comp and plug my headphones in. Is there anything I can get to make this easier or anythign? Let me know
Tom

onlydude said:
Preferably something very very cheap.

Go to RadioShack and buy a 1/8" stereo phone plug 'Y' splitter, sound quality will be reduced, but you said cheap. I think they are around 3-4 dollars.

Hmmmm ok it doesnt have to be that cheap. What about something that will let me switch between two channels not just have two going at the same time?

I use one of these...

I like it alot and very affordable. 4 headphone outs and a monitor out. You can control them all seperately including your monitors... I use it with my Bx8s when tracking and monitoring. Nice cuz everyone gets there own level...

There are also similar products by different companys, but I can vouch for this one, maybe someone else will chime in on somethin else...

http://www.presonus.com/hp4.html

never mind i found it. This is exactly what I was looking for. I think I wil be willing to dish out the cash for this because it will help me a bunch.

If anyone else has any recommendations feal free to post

hmmmm anything that I dont have to plug into an outlet? I have about 150 things plugged into the walls for my computer right now.

you can also go to radio shack or some electronic store and buy a box splitter runs about 30 or 40 bucks, just push the button for what channle you want, but i do like that presonus one. I have a behringer powerplay headphone amp, lets me put in four headphone and then has outs for monitors 109.99 at MF, i like it becasue its rack mountable, if i were to use the presonus one it would problly fall behind my desk and id never find it again

Back