Sweeping Hi-Pass/Lo-Pass

GamezBond

Hi guys, I have a song I'm currently working on, where I want the kicks at the begining to have no mids or highs , just bottom, and gradually the kicks mids go up then the kicks highs.This is for 2 bars.After that then everythings normal.I'm wondering how do I do this without doing it manually which will take a long time :confused: ?.The studio im mixing at has Pro Tools and Cubase.Thanks :)

GamezBond said:
Hi guys, I have a song I'm currently working on, where I want the kicks at the begining to have no mids or highs , just bottom, and gradually the kicks mids go up then the kicks highs.This is for 2 bars.After that then everythings normal.I'm wondering how do I do this without doing it manually which will take a long time :confused: ?.The studio im mixing at has Pro Tools and Cubase.Thanks :)

You need an eq plug-in whose Low Pass Filter can go down to the lower frequencies (the new EQ3 from digi does and is free). McDSP FilterBank is the best that I know at this as it allows you to add resonance making the sweep more noticable. Just remember to automate the resonance back to zero when you're done with the sweep.

You set the filter at something high like 24dB/octave, and automate a sweep of the frequency knob. Maybe start at 200 Hz, then sweep it up all the way.

Back