Swedish Death Metal Guitar Tone

frankthetank727

Hey I am trying to get a decent sounding Swedish style guitar tone via direct in. I don't have pedals right now and I know the Boss HM-2 is important to that early tone of alot of these bands but I am just trying to work with what I have right now and that is by going direct in. I have Amplitube 3 and Native Instruments Guitar Rig 4 and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion/experience with this kind of tone and could give me some ways to come close to achieving this tone? Or if anyone also has other suggestions to other amp models that work well with Pro Tools that would also be awesome. I'll post some links to example guitar tones I'm looking for.

Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal Pedal - Swedish Death Metal tone. (Dismember-esque, all except gain on 10) - YouTube

Edge of Sanity - Black Tears - YouTube

Bloodbath - Like Fire - YouTube

Grave - Morbid Way To Die - YouTube

Thanks!

Honestly, the only way you're going to find the tone you like is to experiment.
Do you have the manual for those plug-ins? I'd look through that and make sure you know exactly how they work (or at least make sure you know all the fundamentals), and then just start messing around with heads/cabinets and EQ settings. You're typically not going to find someone who says, "Oh, sure, here's the tone you're looking for."
By doing this, you're also learning how to create tones in case someone comes along and wants to record with you through direct-in using those plug-ins.

Back