Swapping out a tube from my GT44

KKM1

i need a pair of GT44 tube mics for my overheads and i just hunted down from guitar center a 2nd one. Theyre discontinued and a pain in the ass to get even on ebay. unfortunately the one i just got from GC doesnt work after i brought it home. it was display model. it has a real weak signal. i wanted to see if i can swap out the tube to see if the tube is the problem. is that a pain in the ass or is it easy?

thanks

KKM1 said:
i need a pair of GT44 tube mics for my overheads and i just hunted down from guitar center a 2nd one. Theyre discontinued and a pain in the ass to get even on ebay. unfortunately the one i just got from GC doesnt work after i brought it home. it was display model. it has a real weak signal. i wanted to see if i can swap out the tube to see if the tube is the problem. is that a pain in the ass or is it easy?

thanks

The onluy tube you can use it the GT44 is the special tube GT makes for it. About $30 IIRC. They use the tube in other products, so it's not rare or anything. Go to the GT site, look up a dealer and order it.

Back