Surprising Christmas present

cusebassman

Freakin' sweet
My brother's girlfriend bought him a (new) Rick Turner Model 1 (the style Lindsey Buckingham plays). Apparently she was able to get it so quickly (bought it December 1st) because it is a prototype that was built in preperation for a new line for Buckingham. Beatiful instrument - standard body style and finish with nice binding, and an even more gorgeous neck - 5 piece, with a multi-layer headstock. No pics, unfortunately.

It saddens me to know that he will leave it sitting in the case, as he owns about 18 guitars now, and picks one up maybe once a week (at best). Sigh.

Plays like a dream... maybe he won't notice its gone missing once the shock of owning it has worn off :p

yes, ...the collectors.

hoarding guitars for the closet.

Does he get mad if you touch them? Some people really want them pristine condition and no touching of the guitars.
I mean if someone touches the guitars it requires total buff out, restring, re setup,,, damn....its' easier if you just don't touch them.

Actually it might be even better if you don't even open the case, because the native oxide growth occurs, on the strings and the finish, from being exposed to air. This isn't good either.

yes, it's probably better if the guitar isn't taken out of the case and/or touched.

you've probably already ruined the guitar by having the case open and looking at it. You should be ashamed for ruining your bro's guitar.

I collect bills.....
:p

no touching?

Don't even point at it! :D

hehe...

On the contrary, I'm allowed to play them, and he does as well... in terms of collector condition, he doesn't really take care of them. The ones that have lost their "New toy" pizzaz go untouched for months, if not years, with no recurring maintenance... I've taken some out of the case that haven't been played/restrung/opened/tuned in 1-2 years, and you can tell in the fact that the necks have readjusted due to the loosening strings, and not always in a good way :eek:

I really just feel bad for the instruments... I don't play electric much myself apart from my jazzy archtop, so I just feel like the things could be going to a better owner, sadly enough :(

Back