Sure Prologue Lo Z 14L not working with digital recorder

slickjesus

I'm trying to use this mic with my tascam dp008. It doesn't work. It is a dynamic mic. I tried turning on phantom power. The manual says to use a condenser mic. I don't have a condenser mic.
If I plug the mic into my practice amp. It works fine. What is my problem? Be nice please!

Thanks

I tried the other mic I have, an Electro Voice 635A.This too works via the practice amp but not the dp008. I'm going to guess from my slight knowlege that condensers are more sensitive and need less (power?,signal?telepathy?)

I tried the other mic I have, an Electro Voice 635A.This too works via the practice amp but not the dp008. I'm going to guess from my slight knowlege that condensers are more sensitive and need less (power?,signal?telepathy?)
Other way around, a condenser needs phantom power to work, a dynamic doesn't. But both need a pre~amp of some kind, whether a separate one or one built into the dp008. The dynamics will work in the practice amp.....because it's an amp.

You don't need phantom power to be switched on with any dynamic mic (except the Blue Ball). Does the Prologue's cable end in an XLR connector or a 1/4" connector? How about the EV mic? What input are you using on the DP-008?

Both mics end in XLR. I've turned up the trim knobs to no avail. However I was mistaken about having two mics. I have yet another mic. an Audio Technica AT9100 with a 3.5mm jack sheaved in an RCA jack. This works, albeit the quality is poor.

Thanks for your help and replies, a pre-amp sound like the ticket....or a different mic.

Both mics end in XLR. I've turned up the trim knobs to no avail. However I was mistaken about having two mics. I have yet another mic. an Audio Technica AT9100 with a 3.5mm jack sheaved in an RCA jack. This works, albeit the quality is poor.

Thanks for your help and replies, a pre-amp sound like the ticket....or a different mic.

Your DP-008 has two mic preamps built in. Adding another one isn't going to fix anything. If using an XLR-XLR cable doesn't work then there's something wrong with the mic, the cable or the DP-008, or you're doing it wrong. Are you using the same cable to try both mics?

Your DP-008 has two mic preamps built in. Adding another one isn't going to fix anything. If using an XLR-XLR cable doesn't work then there's something wrong with the mic, the cable or the DP-008, or you're doing it wrong. Are you using the same cable to try both mics?
Yeah, this is the time to start the heavy duty process of elimination. It doesn't appear to be the mikes as they both work fine when plugged into your amp.

Yes, using the same cable to try both mics. The XLR cable is old. When i add the RCA jack attachment to it and plug it into the practice amp, the mics work. If I can find a different XLR cable I will try that.

Back