'Suppa Duppa' (Dubstep) by Rockonin

rockonin

Hey guys heres a song i've just finished. All the synths were made using VST'S (Massive, Zeta, Albino 3) in Cubase 5. Let me know what you guys think. Cheers
(Listen in 720p for better quality)

just gave it a quick listen, feels a bit light in the low end section. good potential for spots to create a contrast between sections by bring bass in then dropping it out. I like the song overall though. I'm pretty picky about my dub too! cudos :)

Good collection of sounds. I like the the various wobbly tones, the wahs and the harder edges. Impressive quality from VSTs. Who would need a real synth?

Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah dude its amazing how flexible vst synths are nowdays lol I have a Novation Ultranova Synth but i didnt even have to use it this time. Massive and Albino 3 are amazing. But i also really love using Groove Agent One Sampler in Cubase 5 with the Beat Desiger plug in for the drums, just makes drum programming flow better.

man youve really come on since i first heard you attempt this genre in here...

yup Id agree the low end is light...but youve got the bro step madness all there, the tempo change is excellent...every track gets better

the only thing Id change is the "vowel" synth part, it dates the track a bit imho

but who needs hardware for this shit, those VSTi's have got you covered

nice one :)

Hey dude really appreciate your feedback. I spend most of the time recording, spending 6-7 hours on the computer composing and mixing, slowly learning new production techniques. I've started making another tune kind of similar to this but I'm adding a bit of neoclassical/malmsteen lead synths in there, its sounding interesting lol. Should have it finished by next week..hopefully. Laters

Wow, really nice. I agree with the others that it is a little light in the bottom. Just a little. I don't know anything about this genre outside of listening to kcearl's music, but I think you got something really good here. All the little bells and whistles seem to be there. I like the manic feel of the main beat and the tempo changes. My only critique is that it's a bit monotonous. It feels like the same thing over and over, just at different tempos. Even at 3:16, it felt longer than that. Since I only have kcearl's stuff to compare it to, I can say that his 5 minute songs don't feel as long and drawn out as your 3 minute song. That's not to say your song is bad, it just, for me, needs a little more *something* to keep me hooked. Awesome job overall though. I can't even begin to wrap my head around what goes into creating something like this.

Back