Superlux for 19,99 euro

Downside Studio

This is fun, a dutch company has a promotional weekend every year, and are selling stuff really cheap.

This time one of the items (of several hunderts) is a superlux mic from 89 euro for 19,99 euro. It's probably one of those sales that just happened to be sold out if you want one but it sure is worth giving it a try.

Not that I will seiously record with them, but like 5 or so would be great for micking audience on liverecordings. Not to much pain if another one gets stolen.....

I even know a dude who bought like 20 cheapo mics for recording audience in a big football stadium. He figured that leaving the mics in the stadium was cheaper than sending somebody up there to recollect them! ( offcourse this dude was not cheap)

i have two superlux sm57 types. they are sort of muddy sounding, but i got them for $24 bucks. the 19.99 euro sale isnt much of a sale.

anyway, i use them for a vocoder mic, live stuff. things like that. perfectly decent way to spend that kind of cash.

perfectly decent $24 mic.

These are condensor mics. I'm not sure but seeing the picture it looks like the PRA H7A

Attachments

• superlux-pra_h7a.jpg
    superlux-pra_h7a.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 326
Huh...interesting. Looks like a SD in a large side-address casing. I liked an H8A I was using on sax once, but that's about it. If I ever had money to burn, I'd think about experimenting with more Superlux mics, but...I don't. :)

Downside Studio said:
This is fun, a dutch company has a promotional weekend every year, and are selling stuff really cheap.
I was there yesterday (I guess you mean Feedback) and my guts tell me that it's a 'too cheap to be any good' deal.
Just like the Behringer headphones they'll be selling that weekend for 12,50 which are a waste of money. I know, I bought a pair there 2 weeks ago.
But yeah, if it is just to record an audience, it may be a nice buy.
If it is the PRA H7A (not sure when I look at the picture but I know they were selling that one earlier) it isn't a LD condenser. The diaphragm is only 16mm.
www.superlux.us

Feedback now also sells some MXL mics. The MXL 990 with case and shockmount for 79,- seems like a better deal to me. (If only they started to sell SP mics as well..)

And I wouldn't really worry about them being sold out very quickly, Downside. I've been buying my gear there for years now and they tend to buy items like these in huge amounts.

Hey Christiaan,

well to my knowledge/experience feedback is one of those store that prints deals in folders just to keep up with the big postorder companies in Germany. When you inquire about those items, often they are just out of stock, and will be available soon, of they lot they bought didn't arrive yet....this happened to me more than ones. Feedback is also a company that does parallel import, and thus ruining other companies, but that's not a big issue for clients. Although they f.ck up the market, the customer gets the goodies cheap.

Btw, SP is sold by helios http://www.helios.nl overhere. Startingprice is 100 euro.

I see your point. I had to wait a couple of weeks for an ordered mixer and after waiting like 2 months for a new set of tuners for my bass, I had to order them again because apparently they messed up their paper work. Oh well... Like you said: They are pretty cheap and that's what this consumer likes.
Furthermore the shop in Rotterdam is nearby and the people there don't bother you when you're just looking around or want to try something out. I like that.

In the same folder they have a Studiologic Masterkeyboard for 69,-. Same kind of deal I guess and I can tell you: Yesterday they had a pile of at least 50 of those things. (I bought one a month ago, the pile then was even twice as big). My guess is that the same goes for the Superlux mic.
Downside Studio said:
Btw, SP is sold by helios http://www.helios.nl overhere. Startingprice is 100 euro.
100,- excl. VAT and P&P. No thanks. Ordering from the UK is cheaper, especially the more expensive mics. But... I'll be in the US this summer. I'll pick up a B-1 + shockmount there for less than 100 euros. (hurray for the low dollar)

Hey Christiaan,

thanks for your call today. :)

by the way, as you noght have heard on the phone I was recording a bassplayer, and looking at your website it seems to me you're a bassplayer also!:)

We have a rather nice collection of bassguitars at the studio:

Musicman Stingray 5 string
Warwick thumbbass
Fender precision fretless 1974
G&L really trashed and rocked (sounds very good and cruel)
Cort Artisan (cheap but sounds like a killer)

yeah, I sure did hear the bass player. :)
That's definately a nice collection. A Stingray 5 is something I'd really like to own someday but the prices went through the roof the last couple of years.

Hey Christiaan,

I didn't get them!

I phoned them in advance to ask for the typenumber but they 'didn't know'??
I also emailed for specs or a confirmation and didn't get any response, so I thought it wasn't worth the trip.

Did you go, and see if the mics were available?

Sorry, no. In the end I made other plans for that weekend. There was nothing that I really needed and the weather was excellent so I went to Amsterdam. :D
The next time I'll be there (probably somewhere in the next couple of weeks) I'll look out for them. When I know more, I'll let you know.

I went some days ago to the rotterdam Feedback... I dunno..

almost EVERYONE that works there is so damn busy being horny for themselves (especially that Indonesian guy with the long hair from the percussion section... he just oozes "look at me, I'm a cool guy with power over here, but I don't help any customers, since I'm too cool for that..." ) and I went asking for some recording-stuff at the studio dept (with Robert, the salesman there)... I was planning on buying stuff for around €300 and he wouldn't even give me a €12,50 powerstrip for free with that... :mad: All crap about how certain articles were not 'in the computer' and others were, and therefore he couldn't give any sort of discount...

Sure the have reasonable prices, it's just that if I go to a store like that, and no one really cares for me being there and not getting a cup of coffee and a little chat, I can get really uptight about getting some sort of discount. In smaller stores you can easily talk off 10-15%, even when their suggested prices aren't that much higher than Feedback's...

Like someone said over at the dutch gitaarnet.nl/forum, Feedback is a good store if you KNOW what you want, and don't need to be there for long...

I was standing in line at the cash register for like 10 minutes, just to get 6 freaking DAP patch-cables...

I really wonder what keeps all their employees so damn busy... Is there like a continouous gang-bang with Katja Schuurman and Kris Bosilovic going on in the warehouse or something? :confused:

Back