Super cheap AI? Any one?

Halfway between SaoPaulo and Rio, that can't be too bad!

Yes, precisely! Actually I was born and lived my whole life in Rio and then I moved to this small town to get away from all the big city stress, violence, drug dealing and such. It is the highest town in Brasil (1700m) and it is essencialy touristic. Every year we have the Winter Classic Music Festival in July. Due to some japanese colonization we have also the Cherry Blossom Festival that happens in the winter too (July). Because the altitude we get very low temperatures here (below zero degree Celsius).

A couple pictures of my town:

campos-do-jordao-inverno-1.jpg

campos_jordao5.jpg

Campos_do_Jord%C3%A3o_2.jpg

More here:

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=...Q_AUoAQ#q=campos+do+jordão&tbm=isch&tbs=isz:m

:)

WoW!
We get slightly shafted for audio kit prices compared to the States but nothing compared to you. Mind you, Northampton is WAAAAAY less pretty than your place!

Google NN5 5PG . We do at least have very reliable, stable and clean electricity and in towns you are never more than a few 100mtrs from a big ass' substation...But BOY do we pay for it!

Dave.

So we can see where the Germans settled after the war.
This is a very good example of someone trying to talk about something which have absolutely no idea. Also I received your comment as a rude insinuation that Brasil may be a former nazi alley. Beside, you were prejudicious because putting 'germans' and 'war' in the same phrase gave the impression that you are tagging ALL the germans with the nazist label. And to make things still worse you accused my country of being a place that embrace criminals. You should be more careful when posting unless when you are intentionally trying to insult others. I absolutelly hated your comment.

:mad:

Anway, there is NOT germans here. Well maybe there is, but this is not their neighbourhood. The Sao Paulo state is well known for receive foreigners from all over the world since the beggining of the XX century being mostly italians and japanese. Here in town, the strongest foreigner colonization was from japaneses, but even their presence here today is not too perceptible. Mostly of the population is fulfilled by brazilians for the whole country, specially the ones coming from big towns and looking for a smooth life.

The germans are concentrated in the south of Brasil, specially in the state 'Rio Grande do Sul'.

WoW!
We get slightly shafted for audio kit prices compared to the States but nothing compared to you. Mind you, Northampton is WAAAAAY less pretty than your place!

Google NN5 5PG . We do at least have very reliable, stable and clean electricity and in towns you are never more than a few 100mtrs from a big ass' substation...But BOY do we pay for it!

Dave.

Dave, after to look at some Northampton pictures I can see that this is a very classy and charming place. Also, it clearly is a richer town than mine. I think that it is not a bad place to live, actually I would be glad to be one of the citizens there!

About my town, yeah, it is really pretty and pleasant but we have to pay our price for this too. And I am not talking about money as life is not as expensive here as it should seem. However unfortunately the basic structure of the town is weak specially for those that arrived from big cities such as Rio or Sao Paulo and are used to that. Here is not uncommon that we experience some power failure after heavy rains (not always) and the Internet service is not as good as I would like. Also the local commerce is pathetical if you are not a tourist. Thanks God that there is the Internet because aside food and remedies I practically buy everything online. But I don't complain at all. Even with these small problems I wouldn't go back to my home town (or any other big city). We are about to turn 9 years living here and only the better air, better weather and the contact with nature are priceless gifts.

There are things that I never could see in a big city. Currently I have two couples of birds nannying their babies here. One is in the bushes right in front of my house and other is at my ceiling. Also, I have a family of 'preas' (look picture below) living under my old Civic. Beside there are plenty of small birds, woodpeckers, owls, tucanos (see picture), hawks, squirrels and several other cool wild life species laying around.

Prea:
prea1.jpg

Tucano:
8bus9khmzx2yqwdb2bdu8klkg.jpg

My house is right in front of a huge pine forest like this one:
floresta_com_araucaria_-_turvo_-_pr_-_zig_koch_copy.jpg

I really can consider myself lucky to be blessed with the oportunity of live on such lovely place.

"Dave, after to look at some Northampton pictures I can see that this is a very classy and charming place. Also, it clearly is a richer town than mine. I think that it is not a bad place to live, actually I would be glad to be one of the citizens there!"

Oh! I totally agree! Northampton is a very nice town and I live in a very quiet suburb and I am very lucky to do so (the place in the town closer to the centre where I grew up is now a bit "ghettoized" a quite large 3 bedroomed house there would fetch only a third of my tiny 2 bedroom (pretty run down!) bungalow.

Richer? Certainly and so "they" in their infinite wisdom have decided to massively improve the train station, move the bus depot (and the new one is a cockup by all accounts! I drive) resurface several major roads and embark on several road improvement schemes...ALL in 2013/14/15!

I do envy you the wildlife and my wife would kill for it! I have a tiny garden and have rigged two cameras and stereo sound back into the house for my wife to watch in comfort (been a great boon this last 2yrs as she has been very ill and housebound) We get the usual "townie" species, robins, magpies, pigeons...Hedgehogs every night, tho' they must be getting ready to curl up soon. The most "exotic" thing we have had was two badgers. One, one night and a different one some days later.

Dave.

This is a very good example of someone trying to talk about something which have absolutely no idea. Also I received your comment as a rude insinuation that Brasil may be a former nazi alley. Beside, you were prejudicious because putting 'germans' and 'war' in the same phrase gave the impression that you are tagging ALL the germans with the nazist label. And to make things still worse you accused my country of being a place that embrace criminals. You should be more careful when posting unless when you are intentionally trying to insult others. I absolutelly hated your comment.

:mad:

Anway, there is NOT germans here. Well maybe there is, but this is not their neighbourhood. The Sao Paulo state is well known for receive foreigners from all over the world since the beggining of the XX century being mostly italians and japanese. Here in town, the strongest foreigner colonization was from japaneses, but even their presence here today is not too perceptible. Mostly of the population is fulfilled by brazilians for the whole country, specially the ones coming from big towns and looking for a smooth life.

The germans are concentrated in the south of Brasil, specially in the state 'Rio Grande do Sul'.

I don't know what to say except, a lot of Germans (whether they were Nazis or not I don't know) settled in Brazil after the war. Just the way it is and I stated that because it is pretty well documented.

Maybe after a few generations, they are now Brazilian, but just like in the US, most people in Brazil came from somewhere other than Brazil.

I'm sure you'll get over the insult pretty soon.

I don't know what to say except, a lot of Germans (whether they were Nazis or not I don't know) settled in Brazil after the war. Just the way it is and I stated that because it is pretty well documented.

Maybe after a few generations, they are now Brazilian, but just like in the US, most people in Brazil came from somewhere other than Brazil.

I'm sure you'll get over the insult pretty soon.

I am not upset with you at all. I just think (and maybe I over reacted) that it was an inapropriated comment at that time. Maybe I just misunderstood you and I apologize if it was the case. Let's just carry on.

;)

I am not upset with you at all. I just think (and maybe I over reacted) that it was an inapropriated comment at that time. Maybe I just misunderstood you and I apologize if it was the case. Let's just carry on.

;)

Having lived in Germany for many years, the town just looks like what one would see in Germany, then I made a remark.

Apology not really needed, but appreciated.

Having lived in Germany for many years, the town just looks like what one would see in Germany, then I made a remark.
David, you have a point here. For any reason that I don't why, mostly of towns located on high places in Brasil has this european aspect (german/switzerland/holland/etc) regardless the colonization. It's funny!

Apology not really needed, but appreciated.
You welcome!

David, you have a point here. For any reason that I don't why, mostly of towns located on high places in Brasil has this european aspect (german/switzerland/holland/etc) regardless the colonization. It's funny!

You welcome!

It is called "convergent evolution" in biology!

Dave.

Yes, precisely! Actually I was born and lived my whole life in Rio and then I moved to this small town to get away from all the big city stress, violence, drug dealing and such. It is the highest town in Brasil (1700m) and it is essencialy touristic. Every year we have the Winter Classic Music Festival in July. Due to some japanese colonization we have also the Cherry Blossom Festival that happens in the winter too (July). Because the altitude we get very low temperatures here (below zero degree Celsius).

A couple pictures of my town:

campos-do-jordao-inverno-1.jpg

campos_jordao5.jpg

Campos_do_Jord%C3%A3o_2.jpg

More here:

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=...Q_AUoAQ#q=campos+do+jordão&tbm=isch&tbs=isz:m

Very picturesque place! But you would need to redefine 'very low temperature' if you visited this area (north of Boston,Massacchusetts) in the winter!

Very picturesque place! But you would need to redefine 'very low temperature' if you visited this area (north of Boston,Massacchusetts) in the winter!

Well, I mean very low temperature for Brasil standards. Here in my town on the winter we have temperatures between zero and -5 C, that corresponds to 32-23 F.

Well, I mean very low temperature for Brasil standards. Here in my town on the winter we have temperatures between zero and -5 C, that corresponds to 32-23 F.

Yeah, and we get plenty of days in the -20 to -15C range every winter, and occasionally colder than that! But in the spring and sumer and fall, it's quite nice!

Not surprising that the Germans prefer the south of Brasil. Most Germans in the states prefer northern states, as well. We just get along better with cold than with hot. The unofficial German motto seems to be something like, "You can put on as many layers of clothing as needed to stay warm, but you can only take off so many before being arrested..." :laughings:

I'm pretty sure David was talking about the architecture in your pictures and not some Third Reich supporting of your country. :D

Funny story, AFA Nazis: My grandfather was actually interred at Salt Lake (even though the Spokane internment place was closer) even though he was American born. All his brothers (6) had been born in Germany and were interned under the regulations set out at the beginning of WWII, but he had been born at Ellis Island two days after they got to the country. Then, to add insult to injury, they drafted my oldest uncle into the Marines (and several of the other brothers' children into service as well). If the family was Nazi sympathizers, why recruit them, if not, why intern them?

Last night I watched a movie called 'Prince Avalanche' telling a story about a couple of guys working as road painters on a place named Garland (TX) where supposely occurred a big fire in the 80s. Along the movie one of the two characters make a few references about to be learning german because the local folks seemed to speak this language. Actually at certain point of the movie he tries to speak in german with an old lady. I looked for some reference to it on Google but couldn't find anything. There is any truth on it or this is only another delirium of a lunatic director?

:confused:

Well my tiny UCA222 has arrived and I already hooked it on my computer. I still couldn't test its recording abilities because I am in need of an adapter that I will pick on my PO Box this afternoon. The input ports are RCA so I need a small cable J10-to-RCA. However, there are two things that I already approved right in the bat:

• There is no hassle to install it: just hook it on any USB port and you are good to go, no need of drivers or configuration.
• My playing latency has dropped a lot (unless of course when I have heavy network traffic)

Back