Sunn 2000s Bass head and matching 2x15 cab near- Portland, OR

Freudian Slip

I am just putting out a feeler to see if anyone would be interested in my bass rig. I hate to sell but have not been using it for a while (tore a ligament in my wrist).

It's a Sunn 2000S all tube head with bass-boost, pre-fender (making it late 69 - early 70's). The head has one 8 ohm and one 16 ohm speaker out. It's in great shape with just a couple nicks here and there. The 2 x 15 cab is in good shape too with original JBL speakers.

I have a Ibanez with active pickups and I can get any sound I want out of this from mid-range slap (boingy) bass to classic low end bass. The thing is louder than sin and I rarely take it over about 2.5 on the volume. Everything works perfect. This makes for a great recording rig and the list of guys that have used these to record with is very, very long.

If you know your stuff then you know what I have. I am looking at $1600 for the set. These are getting pretty damn hard to find anymore. I have seen all originals like this sell for several hundred more than I am asking.

If there is any serious interest I can post or email some pix. Looking for a local sale with no shipping. Trust me you do not want to pay to ship this thing!

Thanks for looking
F.S.

Back