Sundazed

Me also Steve. Last album I got from them was Strawberry alarm clock,s Incense and permints album. SMokin stuff

I'd take that "all-analog" with a grain of salt. Analog Planet know what they're talking about and here's what they say:

"If you buy from Sundazed, for instance, you can be assured that the original tape was used as the source, because Sundazed's Bob Irwin, who has worked for Sony's Legacy division for years producing CD reissues, is very focused on using masters. But there's no guaranty the LP was actually cut from the tape because Sundazed doesn't specify who cut and from what."

Reissue Labels To Avoid and Some Best to Proceed With Caution | Analog Planet

Me also Steve. Last album I got from them was Strawberry alarm clock,s Incense and permints album. SMokin stuff

That was one I was thinking of getting Herm. Love that stuff! Now I'm thinking I want The Left Bank.

All the Bob Dylan ones I got say this:

"An exact repro of Bob Dylan’s LP in accurate, vintage mono sound, with all-analog mastering from the original master tapes."

Which says to me they're all analog, cut from the masters. Unless there are some others that don't specify and are not? If so that's a bummer because I thought they were ALL all analog.

I'd take that "all-analog" with a grain of salt. Analog Planet know what they're talking about and here's what they say:

"If you buy from Sundazed, for instance, you can be assured that the original tape was used as the source, because Sundazed's Bob Irwin, who has worked for Sony's Legacy division for years producing CD reissues, is very focused on using masters. But there's no guaranty the LP was actually cut from the tape because Sundazed doesn't specify who cut and from what."

Reissue Labels To Avoid and Some Best to Proceed With Caution | Analog Planet

I bought The Bow Street Runners from them years ago - really well prep'd CD as was Choc Watch..

Last edited:
Back