sum1 help...........

eclipz512

i bought a ub802 eurorack..........mixer........and a audiophile 2496 soundcard..........i hooked them up and i get sound but the problem is the sound is muffled..........as if the treble wuz turned down.........and i don't know how to fix it..........if n e body knows what to do pleeze let me know

eclipz512 said:
i bought a ub802 eurorack..........mixer........and a audiophile 2496 soundcard..........i hooked them up and i get sound but the problem is the sound is muffled..........as if the treble wuz turned down.........and i don't know how to fix it..........if n e body knows what to do pleeze let me know

Yeah I tried this combination once back in the "before days, the long, long ago" and found the Behringer mixer was aweful. Not muffled, but not clear. Try bypassing the mixer and going straight to the monitors from the soundcard and see if that helps. If it does, return the mixer and try a Yamaha MG 10/2. If it doesn't help, then it could be your cables. Use the best cables you can afford, don't use cheap cables. If you still have problems with better cables and no mixer then you may want to try another sound card, with and without the mixer, with decent cables. Also, what type of monitors are you using? The muffled sound may actually be a quality of the monitors. I have cheap monitors and when I compare them to my main monitors the cheap ones sound muffled.

Back