Suggestions

BlueFlame

I am about to get a interface and I was going to see what everyone thought would be the best choice with these circumstances. I record rap/hip-hop/R&B and I may choose to do different types down the road. I want to know what a good choice is for just recording rap vocals that effects could be added to and R&B vocals that can be compressed. I like the Presonus Firebox but I just need some feedback on what would suit my needs. I dont think that I will be doing a lot of multi-person recording. I am planning on running FL, Reason, and Cubase. I hope this can help you peeps to determine what I need.

Is a mixer needed with a firewire interface. Would I actually need a mixer down the road with the type of work I am trying to preform.

The only 2 interfaces I've ever used are the ST Audio DSP 2000 C-Port (discontinued) and the M Audio Delta 44. Both did their jobs perfectly for me. Do you need a PCI, USB, or Firewire interface? As far as a mixer, you can either run a mic through a mixer or dedicated mic preamp, depending on your choice. I started w/ a Mackie 1202 but now I don't use any mixer, all my work is done digitally. Hope this helps.

Back