Suggestions on mic-preamps

dwkman0117

I just bought a M-Audio Delta 1010Lt. I would like to get a mic preamp so I can use it to record my drums(I need about 6 or some mics at a time for this). Any suggestions on inexpensive mic preamps to use. I did see that Nady has a 8 channel preamp for $100. Is something like that worth it?

Thanks for your time..

If you want really, really amazingly bad sound, then yes, it's worth it.

In any case, make sure the preamps you're looking at will interface with the 1010... Many units (especially in 8's) tend to use ADAT connections, which the 1010 doesn't have.

dwkman0117 said:
I just bought a M-Audio Delta 1010Lt. I would like to get a mic preamp so I can use it to record my drums(I need about 6 or some mics at a time for this). Any suggestions on inexpensive mic preamps to use. I did see that Nady has a 8 channel preamp for $100. Is something like that worth it?

Thanks for your time..

I never thought this would be possible, but, you might want to upgrade to a Behringer pre-amp. Lucious warm sound compared to Nady.

If you want eight pres that actually sound reasonably good, you might consider the Peavey PV14 mixer (or a pair of PV6 mixers for less money but a lot more wasted space).

dgatwood said:
If you want eight pres that actually sound reasonably good, you might consider the Peavey PV14 mixer (or a pair of PV6 mixers for less money but a lot more wasted space).
Excuse my inexperience, but I looked up the Peavey mixer you mentioned above - where do you get the outputs per mic input as to run into your sound card. I have the Delta 1010lt that has the rca inputs.
Thanks

:D Yo Hawkman:

Get a copy of TapeOp and you can check out many mic pre amps and the zine is FREE.

Also, Sweetwater just sent out a flyer on High-end, mostly, pre-amps.

I use a couple of pres: Grace 101 which for the median price, does a nice job. [I don't know what they put in those 3k pre-amps that make them worth 3k] I also use a two channel ART which does a nice job. Use the 101 mostly for vocals but have run my synth through it too.

Lots and lots of places, here and there you can research and gather info.

Green Hornet :cool:

Back