Suggestions for my rig

buryher17

Hey guys, I haven't posted on here in a while but I wanted to know what people would suggest for me to throw some money into for my rig.

right now i'm running my ibanez prestigue 1570 (in a#) through a 6505+, avatar 4x12 (v 30's), and on my pedal chain i have a NS-2, chorus/phase boss pedals, a BBE sonic maximizer and a DTR-2 tuner. All fo this is being run with monster cables.

I'm looking to add on some pedals, possibly a delay? What would you guys suggest? I play a lot of metal but also acoustic/ambient stuff (hence the delay).

Hey guys, I haven't posted on here in a while but I wanted to know what people would suggest for me to throw some money into for my rig.

right now i'm running my ibanez prestigue 1570 (in a#) through a 6505+, avatar 4x12 (v 30's), and on my pedal chain i have a NS-2, chorus/phase boss pedals, a BBE sonic maximizer and a DTR-2 tuner. All fo this is being run with monster cables.

I'm looking to add on some pedals, possibly a delay? What would you guys suggest? I play a lot of metal but also acoustic/ambient stuff (hence the delay).
Cool man! That's pretty similar to what I use, Edwards 165CTM > NS2&TUNER > 5150 > Avatar 4x12 with vintage 30s (how good are these boxes!!?!).

Do you put the BBE in your effects loop?

I actually recently bought a digidelay for my GF and it's not bad for so cheap!! Worth a look unless you've got a specific delay in mind...

or

Ever thought about looking at some rack mount effects? - you could ditch your chorus/phaser pedals and get delays all in the same box (less wires to trip over, less batteries to buy)? I know they are pretty old hat but who cares if it's got the sound you want!

Personally, I would never use any delay pedal that didn't have tap tempo. I have a Boss DD-20, which I'm quite fond of, but there are any number of others on the market. The Seymour Duncan Deja Vu looks interesting to me, thanks to the tap tempo analog delay in it (you can blend analog and digital delays with it). Also of interest is the Empress Superdelay, and the Diamond Memory Lane II, if you can afford the rather high cost! I believe the Boss DD-7 also has an external tap tempo, and is probably less expensive than most other tap options.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Cool man! That's pretty similar to what I use, Edwards 165CTM > NS2&TUNER > 5150 > Avatar 4x12 with vintage 30s (how good are these boxes!!?!).

Do you put the BBE in your effects loop?

I actually recently bought a digidelay for my GF and it's not bad for so cheap!! Worth a look unless you've got a specific delay in mind...

or

Ever thought about looking at some rack mount effects? - you could ditch your chorus/phaser pedals and get delays all in the same box (less wires to trip over, less batteries to buy)? I know they are pretty old hat but who cares if it's got the sound you want!

Thats awesome. I love my avatar, v30s have always been an altime favorite for high gain heads. As for rack effects, I have a 58 space rack filled with effects and pre's haha. I have a midiverb 4 and a few other things. I run my BBE through the effects loop and the tuner through the line along with the NS2.

As for the DL4, my guitarist [in my band] has one and I LOVE it. It has a 14 second recording feature thats amazing. I was looking into that along with the dd20.

I think i may go and grab a delay pedal.. the midiverb only does so much that I like.

Back