suggesting a mixer..

ahj

right now I own a firepod. I'm looking for a decent mixer with 8 outputs. I basically want to be able to do some basic eq-ing while laying down the tracks, and I would also like and upgrade from the firepods mic pre's. I haven't really set a price that I would like to spend, but I guess the max would be around $500. Basically I want at least a slight upgrade from the presonus pre's, and eight individual outputs.
suggestions?
thanks.

The only ones that are "close" to your price range that I would consider a possible upgrade from your firepod pres would be probably Mackie's ONYX line, or like a Soundcraft M-Series.

thanks for the suggestions.
I forgot to mention I would most likely be buying used off of ebay, or locally. So, in that case, any older or discontinued mixers come to mind?

ahj said:
that looks good
definitely considering it.
thanks!

No problem.

Try to find one with an IF-TD1000 interface card. Read-

The mixer can also be expanded by adding two optional cards: The IF-TD1000 interface card adds eight channels of TDIF and four channels of AES/EBU or S/PDIF while the FX-1000 Effects Board adds four additional channels of dynamics processing and one stereo pair of reverb, chorus, delay, flange, etc. Along with the four XLR microphone inputs and eight 1/4-inch TRS inputs, the TM-D1000 provides the flexibility to accommodate a substantial number of analog inputs. The mixer communicates digitally with DTRS format recorders via the integral TDIF-1 port and can easily be expanded to a 16-track system just by adding the optional IF-TD1000 interface card. ADAT owners can easily interface via converters from Apogee and TASCAM.

Reactions: ahj
Back