submitting songs to Arista

JHOOKS

I finally got the connect I needed over at Arista and I wanted str8 up critiques about the production and rapping on these 3 track that'll i'll be summiting next week. Mixing is not what im trying to get on for, but if you like you can critque that to. power to the musik!!! meng!!!! peace! heres th link>>> SOUNDCLICK.COM/JHOOKS

Okay you submitting these so gonna give you my honest. The third joint you got on thier is the best one IMO outta tha 3. That probably should go first. The vocals are very low on all your tracks. If your an emcee you gotta get that fixed because if your shocasing your voice or your style or whatever they need to hear it. Listening to the three I dont hear inspiring stuff. It's not bad songs dont get me wrong but I think when your putting together a demo you need to give the AR a little more inpspiration. The Last song shows a good bit of creativity with the flow. All those tracks sound like Album cuts. I guarantee they wanna hear 3 hits And IMO those dont sound like hits.

I hate demo's though because it's no way 3 songs on a CD can display all your talent. If you really wanna get signed. Put in more work, release Albums, Do shows, and network....get the AR's to come to you.

JHOOKS said:
Mixing is not what im trying to get on for, but if you like you can critque that to.

MIXING MAY NOT BE WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO GET ON FOR BUT THINK ABOUTTHIS IF YOU GOT ONE SHOT DO YOU WANT THEM TO SAY WELL IT SOUNDS OK OR IT WAS TIGHT BECAUSE EVERYTHING FELL INTO PLAY NICELY.
I MEAN PUT YO BEST FOOT FOWARD YOU CAN TURN LEFT AND GO OFF THE BRIDGE OR TURN RIGHT AND GO TO THE MANSION ALL DEPENDING ON THE LIGHT THEY SEE YOU IN ..IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING THESE TRACKS TO ARISTA

now that i here what peps think, and really think about it, i agree wit both of you guys. the first two joints are album joints and the last is lil more catchy . as far as mixing i really dont have the ablity to make it sound like a pro song. but i will step up my flow and song writing, make somthing that pops in your eye! like those ar guys want to hear. thanks for the feedback guys !

na, they didint. they still in affect. andre reid is head of it, i think. clive david left and started j records but they still operational.

i listened, but it's not my type of music, so im not able to give any critique. (wouldnt know how to judge it).

in either case, good look. I hope it works out.

ethos said:
i listened, but it's not my type of music, so im not able to give any critique. (wouldnt know how to judge it).

in either case, good look. I hope it works out.
thanks for you honesty man! peace

Back