stuff like this pisses me off

skweeks

i recently got a hardcore/metal band together and after a new song was somewhat finished we decided to record it for the benifit of the drummer.. who is a drummer, and tends to forget things... i put a simple shure dynamic mic (i forget which model, it came with my tas424mk3) on a stand halfway between my amp and the drum set and then the singers 58 was going to another track, and i hit record.. the song has a few messups and the singers voice cracks (this was after about a 4-5 hour practice) but this really pisses me off because this recording, which i expected to sound like total shit, sounds half as good as the stuff i put 2 weeks into...
i know most of you post folk rock or light rock or whatevs here, which a lot of times is real good, but i just felt like posting this cause it shocked me at how almost decent this came out with the shitty technique i used... sorry about the hiss, this is i think a 3rd generation tape going into my sb16...

Download attempted twice, download failed twice. This kind of thing pisses me off, too.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I must have tried downloading it 5 times, and each time, the download stopped after 1 sec (the fatal "download finished" message)

Congratulations to anyone who manages to hear the song...

I got it on the first try. The performance has a nice feel to it despite being really loose, but the recording quality sucks.
There's much room for improvement in that area even if you limit entries to the cheapo equipment group.

hmm... i haven't had a single problem downloading it and i tried it like 5 times just now (and i tested it when i originally put it up)... i gotta find a better place for it anyway

Back