Studiophile SP-5B

Ola Jose: ?Que Paso?

You have to let your ears decide, and your wallet of course, about monitors.

I have a pair of Yorkville YSM-1 monitors. Pocito dinero!! I paid about 100 pezzuots for each one aqui en Estados Unidos.

I don't know if you can listen to a pair but if you can, listen to a pair.

You can spend mucho dinero on monitors. Again it depends on your needs. With my Yorkvilles, I don't even use the Infinity speakers much anymore.

There must be a few music stores in your part of the world where you can visit and audition speakers using your tapes or CD's?

Muchas suerte,
Vespa Verde
The Green Hornet

:D :D :p :p

Thanks for replying but i was hoping to hear an opinion of someone who got it! They cost around €600 around here and that´s a good price for me! I´ve heard a couple of monitors and my choice would be Mackie HR-824 but my wallet says NO!!!!!

Yo WhoopyMan:

I saw the Portugal location; I have another "hi-fi" friend there named Jorge Fernandes. He can get most of my feeble Spanish but there is a difference. I once wished Jorge a "Happy Fourth of July." He sent me back a post telling me, "Thanks, but we don't have that here."

A lesson learned.

Those folks in Portugal are very avid drinkers of "good" wine, lots of it.

Green Hornet:D :D :p :p :p

I understand your Spanish The green hornet and yes we like wine, when someone asks about red or white we answer " FULL " :D
Whoopysnorp you seem to know a bit Portuguese, am i wrong??
And what about the monitors? Does anyone have heard ´bout them?

Sim, falo português mesmo. Eu estudo espanhol na Universidade de Iowa, e faz um ano e pouco resolvi aprender português também. Gosto muito da lingua; é legal. Eu vou estudar na Espanha no semestre que vem, e espero viajar um pouco em Portugal.

E quanto aos Studiophiles, a revista Sound on Sound publicou uma resenha bastante negativa deles. Se você usar o buscador do site vai encontrar. Busque 'Studiophile', e acho que aparece.

Entonces, si ustedes tratan de separarse hablando portugues, porque no cambiamos todos a nuestra lengua propia?

Hablando de lenguas ... conocen a un forum de audio en espanol?

mcr said:
Entonces, si ustedes tratan de separarse hablando portugues, porque no cambiamos todos a nuestra lengua propia?

Hablando de lenguas ... conocen a un forum de audio en espanol?

Bueno, no es que quiero separarme, pero me gusta tratar de usar las linguas que conozco quando pueda, y estos forums son buenos lugares para hacerlo. A veces tengo miedo que causa una impresión mala en la gente que no habla español o português...so I guess I'll switch back to English. I don't want to be in an ivory tower or anything.

hey i have the m-audio studiophiple sp -5b.. and i love them..they sound very very good. they have really good highs and mids and pretty good lows. my mixes are comijng out great now. they get pretty loud too. i think you would like them. let me know if you have any more questions about them ...buy the way i picked them up here at guitar center for 300$ so thats not bad price for some powered monitors either.
lata

Sickdrummer,

Totally agree about the Studiophile speakers. I got mine today after checking out Events 20/20 , and the KRKs. Nothing else came close under $400. Very clear sound.

So you think they got the 20/20s beat, huh? I wonder how something so subjective can be measured. If there is a significant difference, what is it?

Back