StudioMix help

bbundy96

hello,
i am trying to setup my new Peavey/Cakewalk StudioMix for use with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0.

my computer has the Sound Blaster Live! Platium with the Live! Drive (which includes Midi In/Out, SPDIF In/Out, a Headphone Jack and a Line In jack). i am hooking the SM's MIDI IN to my SB's
MIDI OUT and the SB's MIDI IN to the SM's MIDI OUT. i enabled StudioMix under the Options-Global-General tab. MIDI Channel 16 has been enabled under the Options-Project-MIDI INPUT tab.

Now, my problem is: i can adjust the fader levels, etc., with my on-screen Console view and the StudioMix hardware will move accordingly; but the software doesn't respond to any movement i make using the StudioMix (including moving faders, aux knobs, transport controls, etc.).

Any ideas on what i may have done wrong in my setup?
If i left out any pertinent information on how i setup so far or how my machine is configured, just let me know. i am not MIDI saavy, so i am not so sure on how these channels, ports, etc., are setup.

Any help is appreciated.
thanx.

jim
bbundy96@aol.com

You have to have the console view open in order for the Studio Mix console to control any automation within CWPA 9.0. Go to View Studio Mix, when the Studio Mix configuration box comes up, you have to select SB Live! Midi Out, for your midi output port. That should fix the problem. If it doesn't let me know and I'll assist you even further. This will allow you to control everything from the Studio Mix console. The faders are motorized, so if this setting is right your faders will move with any automation that you have within CWPA 9.0. Hope that this works for you.:cool:

Back