StudioMaster Mixers

SirPsychoSexy

I have a chance to get a 24x4 StudioMaster mixing console... But I've never heard of StudioMaster.

I know Track Rat has one, not the 24x4, but another StudioMaster.

How are they? Are they any good?

No experience with the 4 buss but I believe they're a live board (then so are the Mackies and they work just fine in a home recording world).

SirPsychoSexy said:
Is it better than the Behringer 2442A I was going to be forced to get (budget constraints)?

A lot better !!! StudioMaster wont bring you high noise (compared to Behringer), and the sound quality is a lot better. It's Mackie class mate. Be patience and save more won't let you down at last.
;)

I have the Trilogy 206 which is 16x4 (or 18x4, depending on if you are using the stereo channels). I like it a lot, as it has much more flexible routing options than the A&H Mix Wizard (16x2), which I also have. I also have a Mackie 1604 VLZ which I only use for live, so I haven't directly compared their sound.

I use the Trilogy and the Mix Wizard hooked up in series to be able to create 6 seperate stereo cue mixes, since, unlike the Mackie, both boards have all six Aux sends simulataneously available on all channels.

None of these boards are true "recording" boards in the sense of having tape returns, although they do have both direct outs and insert points. They also don't have polarity reverse. And the Trilogy doesn't have a pad switch. In this class of board, the best i have seen so far is the Crest, but it is a little more money. You may want to check it out.

My main complaint (minor) with the Trilogy so far, is the headphone pot has become extremely scratchy.

Sounds great!

Sounds great!

It sounds like it sure beats the Behringer I was going to get.
The band is going to love this... :-)

Chris

Back