Studiologic numa x gt ...as a MIDI controller?

Serendipity Records

So I'm looking to get the "Studiologic Numa X Piano GT", mainly for live performance but also as a studio backup. My only concern is, when used as a MIDI controller (via USB), will the modulation/FX/bender joysticks transmit accordingly to my DAW/virtual instruments?

I'm kinda new to MIDI in general, so feel free to laugh at my question if the answer is obvious
wink.gif

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Numa X but I have one of the very inexpensive Nektar MIDI keyboard controllers and the mod wheel works fine. I've had the Nektar for over a year and I've had no issues at all using it with my DAW and virtual instruments.

So I'm looking to get the "Studiologic Numa X Piano GT", mainly for live performance but also as a studio backup. My only concern is, when used as a MIDI controller (via USB), will the modulation/FX/bender joysticks transmit accordingly to my DAW/virtual instruments?

I'm kinda new to MIDI in general, so feel free to laugh at my question if the answer is obvious
wink.gif

Thanks!
The short answer is yes. But all softsynths CC maps aren't necessarily the same. They may have to be re-assigned. Easy enough though. The only hitch I see is the usual layout of the mod/bender/joystick. It seems to be a bit of a departure as compared to the traditional mod wheel layout, but as long as at least one of them is not spring loaded I'd think it's a matter of getting used to it.

The short answer is yes. But all softsynths CC maps aren't necessarily the same. They may have to be re-assigned. Easy enough though. The only hitch I see is the usual layout of the mod/bender/joystick. It seems to be a bit of a departure as compared to the traditional mod wheel layout, but as long as at least one of them is not spring loaded I'd think it's a matter of getting used to it.
Thx for confirming, that's what I thought. The "departure" is of no concern for me, I've rarely used electronic keyboards so the transition will be no problem for me 8-)

Last edited:
Back