Studio24 -24 inputs??

JB

I'd like to hear from owners of the Alesis Studio24 mixer. What's good/bad about it? The manual is not available from Alesis' site. Can you get 24 inputs for mixdown on this board? The only hint is existence of the "Monitor to L/R" button. Is the pre-fader aux post-EQ?
Thanks.

I've got one.
No, it doesn't have 24 tracks, I have no idea why they call it a 24.
What you have is 8 mono channels and 4 stereo channels, for a total of 16. The 8 mono channels have the in-line tape monitoring, which is great for use with an 8-track recorder. You don't have to re-patch to record and mix down, just hit the source button.
It's a very quiet board and it has sweepable mids on each channel. I really like mine, but I'm looking for a larger board now. One limitation is that it only has four auxs.
As for your other question, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Are you asking if the aux sends are post/pre, or the channel inserts?
I believe the channel inserts are pre-eq/pre-fader, the aux faders are post-eq/pre-fader. I don't have the manual here but I think that's correct.

You can test pre/post eq by sending an aux signal (preferably a steady tone) to some device that meters your signal (say an fx processor, cassette, whatever). If you crank up your eqs by 15db and it bumps up the meter, it's post eq. If not, it's pre.

Thanks for your input. You answered my question about the aux sends. So what's the 'Monitor Link to L/R' for?

Maybe monitor link to L/R could be used to feed headphone dis.amp....This is the way I thought that I would use mine on my St. 24

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JB:
Thanks for your input. You answered my question about the aux sends. So what's the 'Monitor Link to L/R' for? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I USE THIS FUNCTION TO MONITOR THE MIXDOWN FROM MY MULTITRACK DIRECT-OUTS TO THE ADAT FOR PANNING AND STEREO IMAGING

Back