Studio Projects Customer Service

Thumbs up to Studio Projects

I haven't posted here in a very long time, but I felt compelled to add my two cents to this old thread in support of SP customer service. I got the matched set of C4s a couple weeks ago. I love the mics, but got an old box that still had the original type of shock mounts that don't fit. I emailed SP today asking what I needed to do to get new mounts. Within 3 hours I had an email from Brent Casey that the new mounts were on the way. Now THAT is great support!

A very satisfied customer.

Yep, one of my shockmounts was one of the old ones. Alan sent off new ones without any hassle :)

I haven't heard anything really negative about SP mics...and this just sold me pretty much being on a temp low budget...

Wow Les, why did you dig up this old thread?

Update... I replaced all my 797 Audio/Studio Projects with better mics.

Hey Richard Monroe, will the Behringer B5 capsules work on the Studio Projects C4 mic?

For the record, I do not, nor have I ever owned, a Behringer B5. If the capsules were interchangeable, though, I would not be in the least bit surprised. Although it seems the bodies' electronics and the diaphragms are different, 797 Audio is very unlikely to have made any changes in the housing. Whether the 2 units would be electronically compatible, I have no clue.-Richie

Fact: Look... another worthless post by H2oskiphil. Yawn.

Well, since you seem to be the resident expert on those...

What exactly does this one mean, since we're on the subject...

I know what you mean... I don't how good 797 Audio QC is, but danshi posted QC pictures of FEILO that look great.

What the hell does 797 have to do with Felio? And why exactly did you drag them into that thread?

You're turning into the Andrew Dice Clay of the BBS...a one-trick pony whose act is getting old.

Did you ever post that MP3 on the forum like you said you would? I'd be very interested to hear some of your work...

DJL said:
I own 7 SP mic's and have never had any problems with any of them... that's the kind of customer service I like best. :)

Apparently 797 Audio's QC is just fine. You MAY have upgraded your microphone locker since then, but you were damn happy with SP (note...NOT 797 Audio at that time) less than a year ago.

What happened to change your tune?

I love how every thread in this forum sidetracks off into DJL battling it out with someone. I have nothing against DJL nor do I want to get in the middle of this but did DJL ever post anything? I would be interested in hearing it?

Wireneck said:
I love how every thread in this forum sidetracks off into DJL battling it out with someone. I have nothing against DJL nor do I want to get in the middle of this but did DJL ever post anything? I would be interested in hearing it?
No, and I'm not going to ever post any music files on this mic forum either... I want talk about mics, not my your or my music.

DJL said:
I replaced my Studio Projects mics with other mics I like better.

OK-I can accept that. But what does that have to do with their quality control?

Less than a year ago, you were singing their praises because you "never had any problems with them", and "that's the kind of customer service" you liked best.

Now, you question the QC processes of both the manufacturer (797 Audio) and the designer (Studio Projects).

Regardless of whether or not you own any of the SP line now, if you never had any problems with them when you DID own them, why do you wonder about their QC processes?

H2oskiphil said:
Apparently 797 Audio's QC is just fine. You MAY have upgraded your microphone locker since then, but you were damn happy with SP (note...NOT 797 Audio at that time) less than a year ago.

What happened to change your tune?
I replaced my Studio Projects mics with other mics I like better.

Back