Studio Pack

Bloozman

Is the Alesis ADAT Studio Pack a good buy? How much time can you record on a single tape all 8 tracks recording?

Since this topic has been discussed numerous times, my suggestion is to use the "search"
function of this BBS to help answer your questions.

You will get About 40 minutes of recording time....on an ADAT tape.

I think the ADAT Studio pack is a good start. But If you already have a decent mixer or reverb unit, just get the ADAT LX20 and use the extra money for good microphones. The nano verb and nano compressors are cute, but you will eventually want better. I prefer a Mackie board to the Alesis, or better yet a Behringer. Just my oppinion.

Dom Franco

[This message has been edited by Dom Franco (edited 07-13-2000).]

By the way......

When a nubie comes to the BBS... (it's easy to spot them) I would rather give them a short easy answer, than send them searching for themselves.
It wasn't too long ago that I asked the same questions, and I remember how much I appreciated the personal replies that I received, rather than the "GO FISH" approach.
Once again this is just my oppinion, and we all have to grow up sometime. There is a wealth of knowledge here on this site, so it is important to direct them to the "search" also.

Dom Franco

Back