Studio Headphones

darren2k

I am looking for a set of headphone for my studio and I have big ears :thumbs up: but really want a good pair so recording and mixing , so far a guy at the local music shop said the Shure SRH840 Headphones where very good , So what do you think of the Shure SRH840 Headphones? Or is they anything better for this price range £100.00p?

I got the audio technica ath-m50. They sound flat, perfect for mixing and pretty comfortable. They look good and every pro studio that I see got one of those pair. The reviews on Internet for these headphone are always very good.

It's like a safe choice if you don't really know what you want.

I got the audio technica ath-m50. They sound flat, perfect for mixing and pretty comfortable. They look good and every pro studio that I see got one of those pair. The reviews on Internet for these headphone are always very good.

I also have the ATH-M50, great closed headphones but NOT flat. They definitely color/boost the bass a bit. CLOSED is important for tracking instruments with a mic, but if you don't need to record voice or acoustic instruments then an open back headphone will work as well. On the budget end of pricing there's a lot of mediocre options. In my opinion the ATH-M50 are probably the best under $200 USD headphones. [I recently tried a bunch at the local Guitar Center before settling on what I have]

For $100 USD the Sennheiser HD280s are very good, again for that money. However, for a little more money the ATH-M50s are noticeably better. I had the HD280s and upgraded the the ATH-M50s. I do almost all my mixing now with the ATH-M50s and only use my expensive HD600s and studio monitors for the final tweaking stages.

Last edited:
Back