studio foam + sound proofing...question about set up

CharleyBrown

aight...so here's my issue...

right now I have enuff of a set up where I'd like to start recording here at home, and thus, because I have a condensor mic...I gotta soundproof to stop unwanted outside noise from entering...

HOWEVER, I have no place for a booth. I am renting this apartment temporarily, and will be moving out in May, only to move into another apartment in June, only to then move again, and into a different house in August. Thus, I will not be able to make a booth here either 'else lose my security deposit and a lot of money on a place Im not gonna be stayin in for much longer...

I thought about making my closet into a booth, but the way it looks, I don't think thats a possibility either. Now I have a space in my room which has three walls (2 walls + a door)...I was thinking of using this spot as my booth, but wanted to know if it would work. Another question would be is if I put studio foam up, how easy is it to remove, and can I re-use it after taking it down?

I will have my computer, mixer, monitors, e'erything in the same room, cept the computer and what not is on a different side of the room than is the space where I'd have my mic...

also, if the studio foam is removable...is it worth sound-proofing my entire room with it, or just the area where myself, and about 6 other artists will be flowing?

You might try thte studio building forum. they offer good solutions for the renter and for the bedroom studio. I have seen some really cool setups come out of there when the situation looked hopeless.

--MIKE

Back