Studio Enhancer Behringer DSP1424P Ultramizer Pro

hottsauce_21 said:
What Exactly does the Behringer DSP1424P Ultramizer Pro do??? I was reading but not exactly sure what it means, Does it allow me to raise my vocals on my RECORDING tracks without the trouble of CLIPPING or DISTORTING??? please let me know

this device tends to be used as an "invisible" (pfffffft!) 'Program compressor/expander'.....
ie...for the actual music in it's total, ...more than just a track. (althought it can be used for just a particular track).
There are more functions on this unit, ie. Stereo Expander, de-noiser, exciter...etc....all which are rather poor, unless you really know what you are doing, or want to do something very specific.
I use mine to 'restore' older material that I recorded 20 years ago, or other peoples stuff that's brought to me on tape or reel.(or even a home demo that needs a little 'life' added to it).
If you can imagine a device that accentuates the higher and lower frequencies of your material, from your parameters entered, and 'smooths' it out aswell...(?),
that's the easiest way I can explain it to you!!
I love mine, but be prepared.......,many people here hate all Behringer stuff, and that's fine too.
Hope that helped a little...

SuperSpit.......member of the Behringer Boy's Club,....since 1937. :)

Last edited:
Its biggest claim to fame is its multiband compressor feature. It breaks up the audio into two freq bands; low and high. It then compresses one or both separately. The reason why this is handy is that compression normally makes adjustments to the high freq band, which we don't always want - hence the user of an enhancer to bring up the high freqs lost by compression. Its something useful for mastering.

My DSP2024 has this feature - called Ultramizer. I haven't used it, but I'm sure I will at some point.

hottsauce_21 said:
Does it allow me to raise my vocals on my RECORDING tracks without the trouble of CLIPPING or DISTORTING??? please let me know
If you're even *thinking* about that, you're tracking too hot. Probably MUCH too hot. Depending on your converters, you should be shooting for a level that floats around -18dBFS or so.

THAT IS A NORMAL LEVEL - Not a "low" level. You're looking for volume in all the wrong places.

Back