Studio Desk - Recessing Displays

A thousand smart ass answers come to my mind but I'll refrain. Your question is VERY vague.

I've seen desks that have an area that tilts downwards allowing the video display to lower and tilt back so its not in the path between the monitors and your ears.

Still pretty vague. Let's see the desk you want to plant your monitor in and the monitor itself and its dimensions. If you're handy with tools and woodworking it shouldn't be too hard.

Just seems like a shelf lower than the desk placed behind it. I'm sure you can manage to do that? I don't understand what you are asking help with.

I built this desk specifically fit my AH ZED R16 console. For the initial design I made very certain that the monitor shelf had the monitors exactly where I needed and wanted them to be but I found my iMac screen was then a bit too high and was physically uncomfortable - always looking slightly upward and also constantly up and down between the screen and the console. It really for a disjointed recording experience. So I redesigned the desk midstream and put a shelf in right behind the console and the screen is now directly behind the mixer and man, oh man, does it work perfectly.

I think this may be what the MoBettaBlues is talking about?

View attachment 73022After.jpeg

Back