Studio consoles and tables...

elove

Hello all...where is the best place or brand to buy a table/console for my equipment? I dont need anything major, as I am only using a Boss BR-1180 and some Behringer Truth 2031A speakers.I just need a small table that holds the machine with a few other items, and the elevated table behind to hold the monitors. I didnt know if there was a particular weight required for holding the speakers so that they dont vibrate or something. I am a newbie at this(as you can probably tell) and just need something sturdy, cheap and convient. NOT to good with building so thats not an option. So tell me where you bought your consoles/desk/tables (whatever you call it) and how cheap can I get it? Show me some pics if you have. thanks...

yeah it isn't very hard just make sure you draw up what you want before you go ahead and start building...... it makes things more organized and you end up with a nicer finish product

The biggest problem I've had is working with the full sheet of plywood. I'm a little guy and manipulating that while measuring or cutting has been hard. But now I have more saw horses and clamps to hold it in place and it goes ok.

Don't forget "measure twice, cut once".

MrBoogie said:
The biggest problem I've had is working with the full sheet of plywood. I'm a little guy and manipulating that while measuring or cutting has been hard. But now I have more saw horses and clamps to hold it in place and it goes ok.

Don't forget "measure twice, cut once".

"measure twice cut once" probably the best way to put it

When building, at what distance should the studio monitors be from me? I wanted to build some shelves to hold the monitors but not sure how high, how far out wide, or how close the monitors should be to me.

i don't know how far apart they should be but i know that they should be as high as your hears will be when you are mixing

when i sit up in my chair the woofers in my Wharfedale 8.2s :D are the exact height of my ear drums

Back