studio cables

Falopo

Hi i need to get about 6 short(5') studio cables for connecting from soundcad to mixer as well as speakers to mixer and my keyboard to mixer

ive been using regular low quality guitar cables and i one just went out on me so i need to upgrade.
i was wondering what kind of cable would be decent for this purpose.
i know there are recording quality cables but im not sure what to get. and also there are the mono cables and the stereo cables, what function do each of those serve? thanks

1/4" guitar cables are mono cables; one signal line and one return line. They are sometimes called Tip/Sleeve (TS) cables because..well..the plug has a tip and a sleeve :D.

1/4" Tip/Ring/Sleeve (TRS) cables are sometimes called stereo or balanced cables because they have two signal lines and a return line. They look just like guitar cables untill you look closely at the plug.

I'd suggest building your own cables using Mogami, Canare, or Belden wire
There is a thread in the mic forum about this right now.

If you insist on buying cables you can buy cheap (Hosa, et al) or expensive (Monster, et al). Opinions vary on whether the extra money is worth it; I certainly believe making your own cables using quality wire and connectors is a good investment. It's also much cheaper than buying pre made.

:D Yo FaloPo:

Good Info by Phyl=clear and to the point.

If you buy Mogami cables, there are a couple of levels. I got a few of them and they work fine but they are not as good, perhaps, as the higher priced spread.

I have one Zaolla mic cable that was expensive. I also have a monster keyboard cable that is a bit more than mogami.

If you need custom cables, you can check out:

markertek.com

I got a couple of stereo/balanced cables from them and one stereo to XLR.
You tell them, they make it.

Happy Thanksgiving
Green Hornet :) :cool: :D

Back