Studio booth

lilboypeat

I've read a lot of different ways to "soundproof" a studio booth, but I want to know which of these three would be the best due to this is all I can afford at the time. Buying mattress eggcrates, styrofoam board, or hanging blankets or drapery? I'm putting my booth in a closet in my spare room. I have children that play a little too loud at times and my mic pics up the noise. I'm wondering will any of these three solutions fix the problem.

none of those will really soundproof anything. They will just cut down on the reverb in the room. Assuming the sound is coming in through the door (and not the ceiling or floor) your best bet would be a solid core door with some weather stripping around the edges.

...and you could hang another layer of drywall in that cloeset- mass is really the only thing that will lower the volume of sound entering or leaving the space (isolation works too- but it doesnt sound like its practical for your situ). A layer of drywall is probably actually cheaper than foam- and it'll actually work. Drywall the walls and ceiling- finish it- paint it- no one will ever know- it'll look the same (if you're ever in the sellin market)

Back