Studio 32/ADAT Connection

vbass62

Help!

Simply put, I've been trying to connect my Studio 32 and ADAT " Blackface". The 32's manual is not very clear as to exactly where to connect my snakes.I can get a sound out of it but I can't seem to monitor each individual track.

Any info will be greatly apriciated.

Put one snake into the direct outs of track 1-8. Run that to your 1-8 inputs on the adat. Those will be your record in channels. Take the output 1-8 of the adat and plug into 9-16 line in on the mixer. Those will be your listening channels.

Actually on the studio 32, you would bring the 1-8 outs back to the "TAPE INS" of channels 1-8. The alesis is an INLINE console, so you can record/monitor up to 16 tracks at a time.

For tracking, your fader will be used to set the level sent to your adat. To monitor that you turn up the Mon 1/2 knob i believe (its been a while). Theres a switch up at the top of each channel that says something like mic/tape. When tracking leave it switched to mic. When your ready to mix, you swap it to tape and the signal will be reversed. In that mode the Fader will be what you monitor the Adat with Etc.........Its a really flexible console for the money IMHO.

Yeah, but if you got 32 channels and 8 tracks of tape you may as well do it the way the first poster suggested and use faders for everything (send and return) and forget the little knob returns.

jake-owa said:
Yeah, but if you got 32 channels and 8 tracks of tape you may as well do it the way the first poster suggested and use faders for everything (send and return) and forget the little knob returns.

Jake, will you marry me?

Back