strobosoft anyone?

has anyone had any experience with strobosoft? not really the tuning aspect of it, but the part that helps you intonate your guitars. i have no experience doing this. does it make it a breeze? or is it still worth it to pay someone to set it up? if thats the case, the i have no use for the software.

thanks.

I use a Peterson VSAM...it's a standalone box, but also uses soft-strobe technology.

They are all VERY accurate tuners...so that's what makes intonation easy...you can really see when you're on the mark.

I do all my guitars with the VSAM. As long as you know what you need to turn and in which direction...the strobe will tell you when you are there. :)

I use Strobosoft regularly and have set intonation on my guitar and bass using it. It works fine for me. The display is detailed enough to make fine adjustments. Of coarse you have to be at the computer and like most software it can be finicky or have strange behavior at times.

From a tuning tool standpoint there are many other features that can be useful such as setting up your own custom tunings. For example, I tune my 12 string 1 whole step below a standard guitar which is a pain on a standard guitar tuner, but I have a custom tuning in Strobosoft so I can do this easily.

I think it is definitely worth the price. If you get it you'll probably find many more uses besides intonation

Back