Strings!

badgerer

Hi,

I'd like to incorporate strings into some of my songs (I don't know, 5 piece band, violins, not sure), but i dont have a band handy. I was wondering if there were any realistic cheap/free programs that can help me out with this?

Thanks

sure man...

Band in a Box...
or...
ACID....

I am sure there are others.....

BTW....these aint' cheap......

joro said:
sure man...

Band in a Box...
or...
ACID....

I am sure there are others.....

BTW....these aint' cheap......

That's what I figured! I'll have a look into these, thanks for that. Anything cheaper on offer?

badgerer said:
That's what I figured! I'll have a look into these, thanks for that. Anything cheaper on offer?

There once was a lassie from Gloucester..
and a lad from Manchester...

she offered her honor...
he pondered her offer....
and all night long he was on her and off her..... :D

joro said:
There once was a lassie from Gloucester..
and a lad from Manchester...

she offered her honor...
he pondered her offer....
and all night long he was on her and off her..... :D

:D:D

badgerer said:
Hi,

I'd like to incorporate strings into some of my songs (I don't know, 5 piece band, violins, not sure), but i dont have a band handy. I was wondering if there were any realistic cheap/free programs that can help me out with this?

Thanks

I've been able to generate some very interesting string, brass and reed instrument tones from a Roland Guitar Synthesizer. Don't know what your particular instrument of choice is, but for me, it has opened up a pandora's box of time consumption. Ask my wife and kids...

Re: Re: Strings!

BrainCase said:
I've been able to generate some very interesting string, brass and reed instrument tones from a Roland Guitar Synthesizer. Don't know what your particular instrument of choice is, but for me, it has opened up a pandora's box of time consumption. Ask my wife and kids...

What's a Roland Guitar Synthesizer, and how much do they set you back? My primary instrument is the guitar, although I've been playing only less than two years (bass about a month, drums about six months).

badgerer,
Is your system set up to download soundfonts? If so, I’d suggest you start there and download the available free string soundfonts. This way you can check out how well they sound without spending a lot of money. I’ve been searching like crazy, and YES it has consumed a lot of my time. I’ve put together a song with the free stuff and it sounds just fine to me. The free stuff I got off the internet is much better than my keyboard sounds and my Home Studio XL DX instruments. I’ve also found a site that has some good sounding ‘fonts for just $40 that I’m willing to pay it. Even if these soundfonts don’t fit in this song like I think they will, it’s only $40.
Phil

Back