Stretch Fabric Extrusions

Dannyg2

Does anyone know a source for Stretch Fabric Extrusions (example: http://www.fabritrak.com/TrakProfiles.asp). There are a number of manufactures but they don't sell to individauls. These seems like a great way to cover walls. Just attach the extrusions, attach the sound proofing material Ie: OC 703, and stretch the fabric over it. These extrusions look like a really clean way of doing it. Anyone have experience in this area?

Yeah I had them in my old studio, they work really well and you get a very nice finished look. Sorry I don't know a retail source :(

Dannyg2 said:
Does anyone know a source for Stretch Fabric Extrusions (example: http://www.fabritrak.com/TrakProfiles.asp). There are a number of manufactures but they don't sell to individauls. These seems like a great way to cover walls. Just attach the extrusions, attach the sound proofing material Ie: OC 703, and stretch the fabric over it. These extrusions look like a really clean way of doing it. Anyone have experience in this area?
Well, go to their dealer lookup and find a couple of competing ones. Put together your parts list and ask them for a bid. Eventually you will find one that will sell you just the parts at a fair price.

That stuff's pretty cool but I have a feeling it aint cheap or as easy as it looks. I've done entire rooms using 1" wood and a staple gun. It's also a pain but it gets the job done for a low cost.

What is the cost per foot for extrusions like that?

Tex, I have found the track for 2" fill and it's $3.50/ft. the 1" is about $2.50/ft. What's nice about the track is the variety of options and the way you can get the fabric tight to a corner/ceiling. How do you do it with the 1" wood?

That is pretty pricey but it is very nice looking if you have the budget.

We recently remodelled a studio that was originally done by building a 1x frame along the wall (its actually like 3/4" by 1/2" or something but it's called 'one by'). Filling the space inside the frame with 703 (this studio actually had a few feet of space behind the frame for further bass absorption). Then you stretch the fabric over the frame and staple it on. Then you cut some more 1x to trim out the seems. You can stain the trim for a nicer look.

Overall it's not as clean as using the extrusions and you do end up with a bunch of wood trim all over the place but it's only about 1/20th the cost.

If you alternate cloth panels with diffusors it looks better because you can use the diffusor as the trim for the cloth panel next to it.

Back